Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 01:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Jesus Capable To Manage Your Life?--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 5052 times)
artsymominnc
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:06:26 AM »

Is Jesus Capable To Manage Your Life?
by Jon Walker

“He has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:13–14 (HCSB)

It’s been my experience that whenever there is a change of leadership, people get nervous. It could be a new boss replacing another, bringing in a different set of procedures to replace the ones that are well-worn and familiar.

It could be a change of leadership in the government. Will the new people in power change things for the better or for worse?

When Jesus pours His Spirit into our hearts, it represents a change of leadership. Before this Jesus-event, we’re in charge, making decisions independent of God; after this Jesus-event, God is in charge and we make decisions dependent upon Him. During this Jesus-event, we confess, “I can’t; God can.”

Paul describes this change in leadership as a transfer from the Devil’s domain of darkness into God’s “Kingdom of the Son He loves.” In one realm, the Devil is the despot; in the other, Jesus rules with love, redemption, and forgiveness. (Matthew 11:30)

When this transfer takes place, we face a choice: Will we submit to the God’s leadership or will we continue to make decisions based on how we did it when we were aligned with the renegade régime.

What does this mean?

· God works in you – Before you ask God to help you answer the questions below, remember that God is for you and He works within you. You are a work of His own hands, His masterpiece, and He is creating you anew to do the good things He planned for you long ago. (Ephesians 2:10, referencing NLT)

· Is Jesus capable? – Ask God to guide you as you ask these questions of yourself:

§ Do you believe Jesus is capable to lead your life?

§ Do you believe Jesus is willing to lead your life?

· What does your behavior say about your beliefs? – Based upon your answers, how should you change the way you think and/or the way you behave in order to align with your beliefs? If you don’t believe Jesus is capable or willing to lead your life, ask God where that uncertainty comes from, and ask Him to help you believe. “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24 NKJV).

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
Pastor Jon Walker is a writer for www.GraceCreates.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: