Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 08:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leave it to Me  (Read 5546 times)
artsymominnc
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »

Cast your burden on the Lord (releasing the weight of it) and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22

Many people find it easier to commit their future into the Lord's hands than to commit the problems and concerns of the day.  We recognize our helplessness in regard to the futire, but we often feel as if the present is in our own hands.

A Christian by the name of Mary Ellen once had a great burden in her life.  She was so distraught she could not sleep or eat.  She was jeopardizing her physical and emotional health and she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  She recognized, however, that there wasn't anything she could do to change her circumstances.

Then Mary Ellen read a story in a magazine about another woman, Connie, who also had major difficulties in her life.  In the account, a friend asked Connie how she ws able to bear up under the load of such troubles.  She replied, "I take my problems to the Lord."

Connie's friend replied, "Of course, that is what we should do."

Then Connie added, "But we must not only take our problems there.  We must leave our problems with the Lord."

Not only are we to leave our problems with the Lord, but we are to hold nothing back.

There is a humorous story about an elderly man who vowed he would never ride in an airplane.  However, one day an emergency arose, and it was necessary for him to get to a distant city in a hurry.  The fastest way was by air, of course, so he purchased a ticket and made his first trip in an airplane. 

Knowing his reluctance to fly, when his relatives met him in the airport, they asked him how he enjoyed the flight.  He responded, "Oh, it was all right, I guess.  But I'll tell you one thing. I never let my full weight down on the seat."

The Lord wants you to cast your burdens on Him--and leave them there!  He desires for you to give Him the full weight of your problems as well.  Then you can go on with life in full confidence He will take care of those things you have entrusted to Him.

We ought never to bear the burden of sin or doubt, but there are burdens placed on us by God, which He doesn not intend to lift off.  He wants us to roll them back on Him.
Oswald Chambers

taken from Quiet Moments with God for Mothers Honor Books, Tulsa, Oklahoma

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: