Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 03:15:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon's Prayer  (Read 5426 times)
artsymominnc
« on: August 26, 2007, 06:40:28 AM »

Wisdom 9:9-18

Now with you is Wisdom, who knows your works and was present when you made the world; Who understands what is pleasing in your eyes and what is conformable with your commands.

Send her forth from your holy heavens and from your glorious throne dispatch her That she may be with me and work with me, that I may know what is your pleasure.

For she knows and understands all things, and will guide me discreetly in my affairs and safeguard me by her glory.

Thus my deeds will be acceptable, and I shall judge your people justly and be worthy of my father's throne.

For what man knows God's counsel, or who can conceive what the Lord intends?

For the deliberations of mortals are timid, and unsure are our plans.

For the corruptable body burdens the soul and earthen shelter weighs down the mind that has many concerns.

And scarce do we guess the things on earth, and what is within our grasp we find with difficulty; but when things are in heaven, who can search them out?

Or who ever knew your counsel, except you had given Wisdom and sent your holy spirit from on high?

And thus were the paths of those on earth made straight, and men learned what was your pleasure, and were saved by Wisdom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: