Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 06:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fruit Grows From Spiritual Seeds--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 6246 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:03:25 AM »

Fruit Grows From Spiritual Seeds
by Rick Warren

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” John 12:24 (NIV)

When you think about your walk with Jesus, some days you may wonder, “Why is this so hard? I’m still struggling with so many problems. When will I finally get it right?”

In my journey as a pastor, I’ve learned that spiritual growth is often like the growth we see in nature – the best fruit ripens slowly. In John 12:24, Jesus says, “I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds” (NIV).

The problem is we tend to get impatient, so we dig up the seed to check the progress of its growth, and that slows down our growth! If you’re not seeing as much fruit as you’d like, don’t despair. Growth takes time.

In the meantime, try these steps for spiritual growth:

Nurture growth with God’s Word. I know you’re already doing this, but when you read the promises of God, again and again, it helps you remember that he is at work, even when you can’t see him at work: “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1 NIV).

Cooperate with God as he prunes. Praise God for the work he’s doing in your life, remembering “he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more” (John 15:2 NLT).

Pray through the “fruit list.” Pray through the “fruit list” (the fruit of the Spirit) from Galatians 5:22-23. The NIV Bible lists the fruit as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Ask God to help you grow this fruit in your life.

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.

Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:38:36 PM »

Thanks for the devotional.  Great focus for today.  Loved the picture of digging up the seed.  As for asking for fruit - I think I'll pass on the patience.  I think RAD kids should come with an attached tag guaranteeing an abundance of patience producing "fertilizer".   wave   TBMom

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: