Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 11:39:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the NEW forum for Trauma Headquarters and ADSG!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Encouraging Book  (Read 11032 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:30 AM »

I am reading a book by Stan Toler, this one is called "God Has Never Failed Me, But He's Sure Scared Me To Death A Few Times."

As you can tell from the title it is funny and serious the subject is about trusting God through some really difficult stuff. He uses lots of stories and scripture verses to encourage you to trust God, even when things are seemingly impossible. I like that he is honest and indicates that we are not to just sit back and do nothing either. he shares how we are expected to participate and maybe even fail to both help us grow and to develop our faith in keep getting stronger and more reliant on God.

So, if you can find the book, and many others he has written, perhaps it will encourage you and help you focus on what really matters, growing closer to God and eternity with God.

I love reading so I hope for those of you who also enjoy reading the book encourages you too.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
OrlandoMor

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »

Seems like just my cup of tea. I love some humor even when reading about serious things like that. Thanks for the recommendation, Sherrie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: