Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 10:51:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Friend, I Got Your Note--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 6443 times)
artsymominnc
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:29:00 AM »

Dear Friend, I Got Your Note
by Jon Walker

My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9a NLT)

Hi! I got your note saying you didn’t think you could do what God is telling you to do.

You may be surprised to hear me say this, but I agree! If God called you to do it, then you shouldn’t be able to do it without him. In fact, if you could do it without him, then it’s really not a God-thing.

I know you’re feeling that God is asking you to do something that works against your strengths. Honestly, friend, we both know there are other people we think could do it better, but what we think doesn’t really matter, does it? God’s mind on the matter – what he thinks – that’s the reality, the Gospel truth we live by. (Colossians 3:3)

The fact is, God didn’t call other people to this task. He called you!

And he called you in spite of your weaknesses, doubts, and insecurities. In truth, your weaknesses are no surprise to God. You may try to hide them from others, but you can’t hide them from God. He created you; he created you with weaknesses (do you think he made a mistake with you?); he created you with weaknesses in order to keep you on your knees before him.

With you on your knees, dependent upon God, you are able to do all things through him who strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13-14)

Besides, if you’re like me, without these weaknesses to push you back to God, you’ll just get prideful. Wasn’t it our big brother Paul who said, “Now I take limitations in stride …. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.” (2 Corinthians 12:10 MSG)

This is why God won’t allow you to use your weaknesses as an excuse for avoiding your mission or ignoring your purpose. Like the preachers say, “Where God guides, he provides.” If God is calling you to a monumental task, then he’ll equip you to complete the task –and that equipping includes the Holy Spirit working from inside you.

Be confident in this, “he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6 NIV)

What does this mean?

· God’s strength flows into your weaknesses – Where you are weak, you become God-strong. “My strength comes into its own in your weakness ….” (2 Cor. 12:9 MSG)

· God’s strength is your focus – Don’t think about how incapable you are for the task. See how immensely capable God is to work through you. As the VeggieTales character Junior Asparagus sings, “God is bigger than the bogeyman.” He’s bigger than anything you face, no matter how overwhelming it may appear to you. “It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness … and so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.” (2 Cor. 12:9-10 MSG)

· God created you to do good works – “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
Pastor Jon Walker is a writer for www.GraceCreates.com
artsymominnc
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »

This is really hitting home for me today... how much I need His guidance to do the day-to-day work of raising my children.

Liz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: